We are looking for world-class talent to join our crack team of engineers, product managers and designers. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize team-first mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small and lean team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled express logistics company providing supply chain solutions for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design, develop and maintain Ninja Van’s infrastructure for streaming, processing and storage of data. Build tools for effective maintenance and monitoring of the data infrastructure.
- Contribute to key data pipeline architecture decisions and lead the implementation of major initiatives.
- Work closely with stakeholders to develop scalable and performant solutions for their data requirements, including extraction, transformation and loading of data from a range of data sources.
- Develop the team’s data capabilities - share knowledge, enforce best practices and encourage data-driven decisions.
- Develop Ninja Van’s data retention policies, backup strategies and ensure that the firm’s data is stored redundantly and securely.
Skills You'll Need
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals, excellent problem-solving skills and a strong understanding of distributed computing principles.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role, with a proven track record of building scalable and performant data infrastructure.
- Expert SQL knowledge and deep experience working with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Advanced knowledge of Apache Kafka and demonstrated proficiency in Hadoop v2, HDFS, and MapReduce.
- Experience with stream-processing systems (e.g. Storm, Spark Streaming), big data querying tools (e.g. Pig, Hive, Spark) and data serialization frameworks (e.g. Protobuf, Thrift, Avro).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a top university.