- You report to the Business Director
- You are expected to manage your team (Media Executives/planners) as well as collaborate effectively with specialists within agency .
The role encompasses:
- Key Client liaison - Day to Day account stewardship & portfolio management
- Lead the media strategy development process for accounts
- Responsible for quality of media strategy across team & operational excellence
- Effectively manage and mentor team members (planners/execs/interns)
- Development of effective media plans and sound measurement framework
- Identification and management of creative / innovative media initiatives that are born out of the strategic media direction.
- Effectiveness Management of the implementation of plans throughout their delivery.
- Strong knowledge of digital landscape and ability to develop digital strategies in response to client business objectives
What You'll Be Doing
Development of Media Strategy and detailed Planning
- Independently create clear and coherent plans that bring the media strategy to life.
- In-depth assessment of all media options and detailed recommendation of proposed communication solutions.
- Working closely with team members to ensure smooth and relevant translation from strategy to plan.
- Assess, identify and recommend creative media initiatives that deliver greater strategy depth and impact to the media plan.
- Lead QBRs and annual planning strategy for key accounts where necessary
Management of the implementational process and client relationship management
- Key client contact and escalation point for assigned accounts
- Effectively manage team to ensure consistent quality of work from team and smooth implementation across accounts
- Strong understanding of digital operations (eg: ad trafficking)
- Lead client presentations effectively to articulate media strategy and rationalize media recommendation
- Ensure timely delivery, accuracy and upkeeping of all relevant reporting systems and templates from team (media plans, contact reports, status reports).
- Ensure actionable insights from post campaign reporting
Development and direction of Account Exec/Assistant if applicable
- Clear delegation, and communication with team members
- Ability to effectively manage team resources and be trusted & supportive lead to team members
Protecting our high standards
- Ensure that any work that leaves the agency is of the highest standard
- Be part of producing ideas that inspire, motivate, engage and create commercial action
- Be part of producing award winning work
- Always challenge “mediocrity”
- Think like a solutions provider
- Ensure you encourage the use of other agency services
Skills You'll Need
- Tertiary qualified, 5-6 years of industry experience and strong media planning & buying experience
- Good understanding of digital landscape and digital planning knowledge
- Good understanding of media fundamentals and strategic planning capabilities
- Strong client facing communication & presentation skills
- Passionate, with strong opinions about communications
- An instinctive desire to exceed expectations (clients and management) and deliver cutting-edge strategies
- Ability to build strong relations with colleagues, clients, network partners and external agencies
- Can demonstrate good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Can multitask and change priorities rapidly and is effective under pressure