The Project Manager supports The Collaboratory’s vision of making STB more agile, innovative and user centric. We do this by exploring frontier technologies, creating innovative digital products, and upskilling STB and the industry.
The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Trade and Industry of Singapore. It champions the development of Singapore's tourism sector, one of the country's key service sectors and economic pillars, and undertakes the marketing and promotion of Singapore as a tourism destination.
What You'll Be Doing
You will be supporting the Assistant Director in exploring new emerging technologies which will shape the future of tourism and customer experience. You will also champion innovation and technology capabilities within the tourism industry with the aim of increasing industry awareness and adoption of emerging technologies.
- Project management: You will be required to work with the technical team within TX to project manage the development of prototypes, trials, and implementation of POCs to ascertain the business value outcomes and identify challenges to be shared with STB and industry. Ideally, the Project Manager has experience in scrum projects, serving as either a Product Manager or Scrum Master.
- Drive adoption of emerging technologies: For emerging technologies with more stability and established use cases for tourism, the team then works towards encouraging and enabling stakeholders to adopt the technology. Extended Reality has been identified as a technology with great potential for enriching the visitor experience. Through accelerating its adoption across the tourism industry, the vision is to provide visitors with XR experiences islandwide wherever they go, making their visit immersive and memorable. You will work with the Assistant Director to engage key stakeholders, including administration of grants to support key stakeholders to engineer strong take-up of XR by tourism stakeholders.
- Support STB’s approach for new technologies: By seeing thorough procurement exercises, research and stakeholder engagements, you will support the department in materialising STB's strategy and approach towards the new technologies, assess gaps and identify potential use cases for tourism companies. Examples of such technologies would be wearables, AR assets and platforms, Mixed Reality
If you are someone that gets excited about seeing through the implementation of tech prototypes, enjoys reading about new tech trends whether they are about non-fungible tokens or Facebook’s metaverse, has dabbled in code or played around with automation shortcuts on your phone, and constantly looks for new apps that can up your productivity level (and loves teaching it to other people) - we would love to speak to you.
Skills You'll Need
- Project management
- Great interpersonal and communication skills, including the abilities to present a case with confidence, communicate effectively and manage stakeholders across seniority.
- Highly goal-oriented, with good problem-solving skills and willingness to think outside the box and roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Effective team player
- It would be good to possess the ability to spot opportunities for the industry and STB in the horizon, and conceptualise desired outcomes
Skills & Knowledge
- High personal interest in technology
- Familiar with procurement and vendor partnerships
- Project management skills
- Strong writing ability
- Strong timeline management
- Good to have: familiarity with technology trends; ability to dissect a technology beyond its hype and ideate use cases
- Good to have: adeptness in design thinking and scrum
- Proven success in enabling technology adoption by stakeholders
- Experience in government procurement
- Experience in technology and trend research and analysis
- Good to have: Experience in immersive technologies
- Good to have: Familiarity with tourism sector business problems and opportunities