As a Senior Account Director/ Account Director, you have an overall responsibility to plan and identify new/existing business prospects, from pitch for tender to deal closure. This involves monitoring and mentoring business growth through quality delivery and solve business challenges. The ideal candidate should have a pioneering spirit in delivering holistic digital advertising concepts, can easily work with a wide range of professionals, and is extremely organized.
Dentsu is the largest agency brand and fifth largest agency group in the world.
We provide a wide range of services in eight business domains:
- Digital Marketing
- Creative Sphere
- Media Content
- Global Business
With more than 60,000 professionals in over 145 countries and regions, Dentsu identifies—through a variety of communication domains the core issues faced by our clients. We then provide the optimized, integrated solutions required to solve these issues.
What You'll Be Doing
- Overall leadership of group of clients – Ownership of the senior client relationship as per the defined relationship strategy for the client. Become their go-to person and being a visible and influential member among the client management team;
- Managing the Business – Delivery of the service proposition to clients and full end-to-end management of the business on individual clients;
- Proactive Client Development – Understand client’s product or service, the market and its consumer in terms of sales, market-share and competitor products to deliver innovative and creative solutions to client briefs;
- Stakeholder Partnership - Work collaboratively across Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) and clients at all levels, as needed – use good knowledge of products and services to drive business values, to maintain seamless and consensus delivery for key milestones around the clients’ objectives and culture;
- Commercial Finance – Understand the larger financial picture and impacts on contribution margins/revenue targets.
- Project Management – Be the client’s spokesman to translate client’s vision and articulate needs into business requirements by creating dependable, organized and clear communications at all levels. Ensure that the team is appropriately resourced for client activities, including for presentations, approvals and production;
- People Management & Development – Ownership of direct line reporting employee’s performance appraisal. Advocate learning needs, proactive in providing coaching, identifying talent and succession planning include, career mapping and organization capability retention.
Skills You'll Need
- At least 6-8 years’ experience in Account Management with deep understanding of industry best practices and engagement techniques.
- Strategic rigor and has holistic viewpoint with ability to align marketing objectives and solutions.
- Have led and enhanced team performance in a matrix organization set-up, contribute significantly to the strategic direction of Dentsu Aegis Network.
- An excellent negotiator and an influential verbal and written communicator.
- Ability to understand cultural nuances and adapts own style to fit. Respect differences in culture, approach and skillset.
- Possess tertiary qualification in Mass Communication, Business and/or Marketing.