The Cloud Engineer applies extensive technical knowledge of cloud technology and infrastructure to develop and deploy hybrid/multi cloud solutions aligned with business objectives and security requirements. He/She plans and executes migration of infrastructure from on premise servers to the cloud and implements security controls. He/She builds and maintains auditing and reporting tools that provide information on the current and historical status of infrastructure. He/She develops Proof of Concept (PoC) and performs production engagements on the demo cloud.
He/She monitors the performance. He is a creative and comfortable in dealing with the diversity of tasks. He/She ensures that the proposed solution is feasible from multiple perspectives in the areas of ease of migration, affordability and security.
IHiS is the Technology Agency for public healthcare clusters. We digitise, connect and analyse Singapore’s health ecosystem to uplift population health by integrating intelligent, highly resilient and cost effective technologies with process and people.
Check out this video about IHiS and discover how technology is boosting Singapore’s public healthcare system! Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4MirFIxdUs
What You'll Be Doing
Define Business requirements
- Liaise with stakeholders to understand business needs and technical requirements
- Advise stakeholder on industry trends and how new technologies can be leveraged to meet business objectives
- Translate high level technical requirements into infrastructure changes
- Define scope and feasibility of projects
Develop cloud solutions
- Develop cloud solutions
- Design cloud infrastructure components in accordance with approved guidelines
- Recommend design improvements across areas such as cost savings, security, ease of use and reliability
- Identify key issues and priorities
- Assess new cloud technologies or offerings, enhance or incorporate into existing cloud architecture framework for adoption and implementation.
- Develop plans to ensure successful recovery of operating systems during disaster
- Prepare detailed architectural and installation plans
Implement cloud solutions
- Implement cloud solutions and technology
- Develop plans to monitor and administer cloud management platform and associated tools
- Develop tools to deploy, manage, monitor and troubleshoot cloud based systems on or off premises
- Set up system-monitoring tools
Maintain cloud solutions
- Perform capacity and performance management analysis
- Maintain appropriate controls and documentation to ensure compliance with audit requirements and qualifications
- Provide ongoing support to users of cloud services
- Respond to incident tickets to troubleshoot and resolve problems with cloud solutions
- Participate in cloud audits and metric collection exercises
Skills You'll Need
- Degree in Computer Science of equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience in building and managing Network and Security aspect of the Commercial Cloud in Azure and/or AWS services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
- Experience in planning (including design and architecture), installing, configuring, maintaining AWS and/or Azure cloud environments.
- Excellent verbal and spoken English skills with ability to influence others to move towards consensus.
- Strong initiative, good team player, enjoys taking ownership of issues, process driven and great attention to details.