PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Works independently or as part of a team on implementation projects or stages of implementation projects, supporting other members of the team.
- Takes responsibility for delivery of specified tasks for any size of airline, or for whole implementation projects for small or medium sized airlines. Responsibility includes ensuring that projects deliver on time and within agreed scope and costs.
- Operates with a high degree of self-sufficiency.
- Represents own unit in dealings with other parts of the organisation and represents Amadeus when dealing with external companies.
- Will typically deal with the senior management level when dealing with customers for small and medium sized airlines, and third party organisations.
- Complies with standard processes, policies and technical strategies.
- Improves long-term efficiency of the Division by pro-actively challenging and improving existing processes and procedures.
- Mentors new members of the team.
- Provides sizings for ad hoc implementation tasks, for whole projects for small and medium sized airlines, or for parts of whole projects for large and extra large airlines.
- Plans implementation activities for ad hoc tasks, and for whole projects for small/medium sized airlines. Supports planning activities for large and extra large airlines.
- Reports progress and highlights, and escalates issues and anticipated problems up the management chain. Tracks and reports on project costs.
- Pro-actively takes action to avoid anticipated problems.
- Prepares Cutover Window Plans (CWPs) for small and medium sized airlines. Has responsibility for managing the cutover event for these airlines.
- Supports the preparation of CWPs, and supports cutover events and rehearsals, for large and extra-large airlines.
- Is a technical authority in one or more key areas of implementation expertise (e.g. interfaces with Revenue Management Systems, Airport systems, Scheduling systems).
- Has a proven ability to work in partnership with colleagues and internal or external clients & customers.
- Applies knowledge and skills through handling a number of complex problems and/or coordinating work which may extend beyond own area of expertise.
- Presents highly complex ideas, preparing a case to overcome objections and influencing others to their way of thinking Identifies technical risks and takes responsibility for mitigating and managing them.
- Has good overall knowledge of one or more related Amadeus systems and functions (Inventory, Reservation, DCS, Codeshare), and very good knowledge of own area.
- Provides unaccompanied on-site support in customer offices or at airports over the cutover period for small and medium sized airlines.
- Business Knowledge Able to support the customer and offers suggestions which help them to refine their needs.
- Acquires knowledge of new business areas.
- Builds an understanding of the airline, I.T. and third party industries. Applies this knowledge in decision making, in making judgements on priorities and risk mitigation Procedural Knowledge Improves long-term efficiency of the Division by pro-actively challenging and improving existing processes and procedures.
- Working with Others Works cooperatively to achieve team goals helping to set direction.
- Builds working relationships with others outside the immediate area of work.
- Builds networks internally and externally. Skills Development Able to adapt to new technologies.
- Maintain a good level of awareness with technology trends."
TUTORING & SUPPORT
- Passes on knowledge to new joiners or those less experienced.
- Is sought out by others for their expertise in one or more business functions, technical areas or internal standards or processes.
- Provides tutoring. Responsible for capability development and work of an Implementation Engineer Graduate or Implementation Engineer.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek to hire the best candidate regardless of age, beliefs, disability, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.