The purpose of this role is to safeguard the current and future economic value of the business by identifying control risks within the business and examining and evaluating the adequacy of controls to mitigate those risks within their respective remit. This is through the delivery of the regional internal audit plan. The person in this role typically has responsibility for performing audit work within the Audit Plan.
Senior Internal Auditor, APAC
- Understands the strategic direction and values of the Function (including Strategy, Charter, Ways of Working, Team values) ensuring that the activities executed, and behaviours exhibited are in line with the Function and company.
- Lead audit projects, which includes planning the audit, assigning areas to internal auditors and co-sources, reviewing work steps and finalizing an audit report, to functional and other appropriate (e.g., IIA) standards
- Supervise internal team members, external consultants and guest auditors as appropriate on audit projects.
- Support the team on delivering to the Function’s KPIs.
- Assist in developing audit programs by effectively identifying key financial, operational, technology and related business risks.
- Maintain complete and accurate work papers to a high-quality standard that substantiate, and evidence findings are in Riskonnect and review work papers from junior members and co-source.
- Work with the Function’s leadership team to maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders, and proactively seek feedback, to help ensure the audit work carried out adequately addresses the key risks in the Group.
- Work with the business to facilitate improvements in the controls environment to mitigate risks to an acceptable level.
- Ensure that reported actions agreed with management are followed-up to establish whether they have been carried out to an acceptable level.
- Assist with the preparation of appropriate Management and Audit Committee reporting
- Work with other team members to ensure audit work and other projects undertaken throughout the Group provides appropriate assurance.
- Assist in the continuing development and improvement of the team
- Carry out other work as required.
- Audit/finance background (typically 5 to 8 years experience).
- Relevant IA/ Accounting qualification (e.g., ACA, CPA, CIA) or working towards it.
- Ability to think objectively, attention to detail, strong analytical skills, ability to see 'big picture'.
- Strong communication skills in both English and Mandarin (both verbal and written).
- Enthusiastic, confident and a team player, flexible and positive approach to work, including willingness to undertake international business travel across region and beyond.
- Analytical/innovative thinker, who is comfortable making tough decisions and focused on continuous learning and process improvement
- Ability to work independently
About Dentsu Group (dentsu)
Led by Dentsu Group Inc. (Tokyo: 4324; ISIN: JP3551520004), a pure holding company established on January 1, 2020, the Dentsu Group encompasses two operational networks: dentsu japan network, which oversees Dentsu’s agency operations in Japan, and dentsu international, its international business headquarters in London, which oversees Dentsu’s agency operations outside of Japan.
With a strong presence in approximately 145 countries and regions across five continents and with 65,000 dedicated professionals, the Dentsu Group provides a comprehensive range of client-centric integrated communications, media and digital services through its five leadership brands—Carat, dentsu X, iProspect, Dentsu Creative, and Merkle—as well as through Dentsu Japan Network companies, including Dentsu Inc., the world’s largest single brand agency with a history of innovation. The Group is also active in the production and marketing of sports and entertainment content on a global scale.