You have relevant understanding of the local tech ecosystem, and exceptional project management skills. You ideally have an in-depth understanding of developer challenges and needs, especially from a technology perspective, in addition to understanding the ecosystem interactions between the local universities, tech and startup communities. You will thus find creative ways to increase impact for developers by working closely with technology hubs, Google Experts, Google Developer Groups, and other related developer initiatives.
Providing DevRel with a physical presence on-the-ground in respective countries, which may include occasional travel.
Navigate the local tech and developer ecosystems and support it as needed - expand beyond existing Google communities and infrastructure. Execute strategies and deliver key insights to better tailor programs for the region.
What You'll Be Doing
- Maintain and support the Developer Ecosystems Programs - by working with program stakeholders and community leads to increase awareness and readiness of Google Technologies in the region.
- Identify and partner with top tech meetups and communities, understand their needs and support them in the form of speakers, credits and resources for mutual benefit.
- Collect feedback and insights that lead to fine-tuning Google’s Technology awareness.
- Comfortable with flexible working hours including extended work hours or weekends based on project needs.
Skills You'll Need
- 3+ yrs of direct experience running Ecosystem-programs with Tech, startup or student communities
- Strong and deep existing connections within the local Developer Ecosystem, who can hit the ground running.
- Expertise running high-impact programs, in a cross-functional environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Fluent in English (written & spoken).
- Comfortable in navigating ambiguity and take proactive steps to advance progress
- Ability to travel within Southeast Asia, if needed.
- Broad understanding of Developer technologies and be able to map them with startup or developer journey and requirements.
- Good level of understanding of the cloud/ mobile app development business and local challenges preferred.
- Experience mentoring/supporting the local/regional tech ecosystem
- Experience working with remote teams
- Deep understanding of one or more Google’s developer platforms is a bonus.