PointStar has expanded beyond Singapore with establishments in Indonesia and Malaysia. We now have more than 170 employees across 3 countries and 7 offices.
The Solutions Engineer support the pre-sales process for and work alongside the sales representative to identify the customer's needs and generate customized business software solutions
What You'll Be Doing
- Advise customers on the set up of conference rooms, meeting rooms, training rooms and lecture halls on the setup of video conferencing facilities.
- Perform the set up, of video conference room systems including varying types of microphones and sound amplification and mixing systems, data/video displays and projection systems, AV device control systems, video switching, robotic camera systems, professional audio and video recording systems and video streaming
- Extensive knowledge of projection systems, graphic presentation software like PowerPoint, and hardware, as well as image scaling on various display types, environments and sizes
- Versed in the set up and operation of various audio systems, including automated and manual mixers, and a wide variety of audio sources, such as computer audio and/or CD/DVD playback
- Conduct site surveys independently or together with the salesperson to assess client needs.
- Design solutions, diagram architectures to aid in the proposals by sales persons
- Assist in the sourcing and procurements or parts and components
- Ensure integration of components
- Setup, test and commission the equipment upon client confirmation.
- Work with freelancers or contractors to handle other outsourced works.
Skills You'll Need
- Excellent customer service skills and professional presence
- Knowledge of DSPs, signal flow and routing, AV controllers and installed audio-visual systems
- Strong knowledge of current broadcast and AV industry practices, standards and procedures
- High level of problem-solving skills and the ability to recommend and implement alternative set-up and/or operations for complex systems
- Extensive experience with video and audio systems, lighting equipment, computers, and device control systems
- Familiarity with computer networks (LANs, net connections and IP)
- Ability to read and create wiring diagrams, CAD drawings and schematics
- Solid work ethic – Patience and Exceptional Customer Service skills.
- Ability to report for early morning and/or evening assignments as required
- Ability to work weekends if required
- General electrical knowledge (LV and analog signal)
- Can thrive in an environment where priorities shift on a dime and schedule changes quickly
- Familiarity with the following brands: Extron, Creston, Black Magic Design, Vaddio, Sennheiser, QSC, LeGrand AV, Aver, Zoom, Cisco Webex, Logitech