The Business Analyst is responsible for managing the Business Requirements and Functional Solution aspects of the system which is built on Confluence and JIRA. The successful candidate will be a member of the Information Services team in Singapore Tourism Board (STB).
He/she will also advise the STB on functions and best practices for specific products and how the products can be used to solve business problems.
Where appropriate, he/she will also advise the STB on the key ICT trends and best practices locally and internationally to meet the vertical business domain’s objectives. Assess applicability for adoption, manage user requirements, and provide IT solutions to bridge business needs.
The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Trade and Industry of Singapore. It champions the development of Singapore's tourism sector, one of the country's key service sectors and economic pillars, and undertakes the marketing and promotion of Singapore as a tourism destination.
What You'll Be Doing
- Analyse STB’s needs, scope the problem and develop business case to address the problem
- Document requirements, source and evaluate alternatives, and recommend solution that best fits STB’s needs
- Work with STB line units to ensure smooth deployment and adoption of new solution
- Able to perform business analysis (Source: BABOK 2.0 Overview):
a. Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring: Identify stakeholders, techniques and processes to manage, track and trace requirements
b. Enterprise Analysis: Refine and clarify business need, define solution scope and develop business case
c. Elicitation: Explore, identify and document business needs
d. Requirements Analysis: Assess current state, analyse stated requirements of stakeholders and elaborate to sufficient detail that accurately defines business need with in specified scope
e. Solution Assessment and Validation: Source and evaluate alternatives to identify solution that best fits business need, identify gaps, and determine workarounds/changes to the solution. Assess deployed solutions to see how well they met the original need
f. Requirements Management and Communication: Manage conflicts, issues and changes to ensure stakeholders and project team remain in agreement on solution scope, communicate and manage expectations of stakeholders
- Analyse impact of requested changes and propose improvements to continuously address changing business needs, and work with support team to understand and address technical problems (Operations & Maintenance phase)
- Support the application maintenance and support services covering contract management, SLA management, service/change requests, problem management as well as audit and security services.
Skills You'll Need
- Hands-on experience in full project development life cycles
- Strong analytical, conceptualisation and problem solving skills
- Ability to take a broad, strategic perspective as well as drill deep to understand business needs and challenges
- Results and customer oriented
- Team player with strong organization and people handling skills
- Applied knowledge and proven experience in managing Confluence and JIRA.
- Consulting or Business Analysis experience would be an advantage
- Business Analysis certification (Certification of Competency in Business Analysis™ (CCBA®), Certified Business Analysis Professional™ CBAP®)) would be a plus
- Knowledge of, and experience in digital services would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum 5 years of working experience