What You'll Be Doing
• Compile, analyse and report key tourism statistics to management, other government agencies and the public. This includes estimating Tourism Receipts contribution of strategic initiatives and associated projection for forward planning.
• Use data analytics to answer key business questions. This involves understanding the Board's priorities and applying statistical analysis / data mining techniques to synthesise multiple data sources of varying nature (e.g. structured, unstructured).
• Distil and present coherent insights using business intelligence tools (e.g. QlikSense) and carry out data storytelling to answer business questions. This may require building new dashboards from scratch based on user input and setting up the associated ETL workstreams.
• Manage research projects by pre-empting and overseeing end-to-end survey processes, such as data collection, data processing, ensuring data quality, internal aligning of code frames vs other key datasets etc. Responsible for various aspects of vendor and contract management.
• Contribute as data custodian and subject matter expert by identifying and managing data issues (e.g. anomalies, data gaps) using analytical tools such as R, so that data quality is good to be used for analytics.
• Support test planning and test execution of enhancements to existing data visualisation.
Skills You'll Need
- Competency Requirements:
• Achieving Results with others
• Analytical thinking
• Project management
• Stakeholder management & relationship building
• Personal development
• Data Analytics – perform analysis on data using data analysis tools (e.g. R, SQL) and statistical techniques to obtain insights, patterns or relationships
• Data Visualisation – Ability to set up new QlikSense dashboard and communicate insights through visualisation
• Working knowledge of R and SQL
• Data sets management, involving data quality, data mapping & integration, user acceptance testing
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience in data profiling, data analysis, data story telling, quantitative market research project management
• Proven track record in engaging relevant stakeholders (within and outside of the organization)
• Experience in using visualisation tools & creating new dashboards (e.g. QlikSense)
• Strong presentation and communication skills with ability to express complex ideas in an easy-to-understand manner
• Strong command of written and spoken English