Support the DT team in using data analytics to track and monitor the effectiveness of COVID-19 recovery efforts; and develop statistical models that enables dynamic analysis across data sources for use by STB and its stakeholders.
The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Trade and Industry of Singapore. It champions the development of Singapore's tourism sector, one of the country's key service sectors and economic pillars, and undertakes the marketing and promotion of Singapore as a tourism destination.
What You'll Be Doing
- Use data analytics to track and monitor the effectiveness of our COVID-19 recovery efforts. Examples include extracting data and developing dashboards related to tracking of performances at key visitor touchpoints / POIs. Data sources are such as:
i. unstructured data sources (e.g. social media) for tracking of visitor sentiments at key POIs
ii. data collection from partners' touchpoints to track the effectiveness of STB’s initiatives on COVID-19 recovery
iii. other real-time data streams from industry partners to build a meta-dataset with an intent of achieving an unprecedented level of insight on visitors' behaviour and needs in terms of scale and granularity
- Develop statistical models to integrate and enable dynamic analysis across different real time data sources for use by STB and stakeholders
- Apply data mining techniques, perform statistical analysis and prototype iterative analysis pipelines to provide insights at scale for specific use cases of core tourism industries. Integrate and implement these models into Stan for Tourism Industry to allow tourism industry stakeholders (e.g. attractions, hotels, F&B establishments, event organisers) to have a better sensing of forward performance and help guide their pricing strategies or resource planning.
- Access the effectiveness and accuracy of these new data sources and data gathering techniques.
Skills You'll Need
- Experience in data modelling, creating, editing and publishing dashboards using visualisation tools such as QlikSense, Tableau
- Experience in handling analytics tools (e.g. R)
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in data analytics role
- Proven track record in engaging relevant stakeholders (within and outside of the organisation)
- Strong analytical skills with an eye for details and possess an aptitude/experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Ability to integrate and synthesise research and data across multiple sources to derive meaningful conclusions
- Ability to communicate clearly complex data/concepts and outcomes of analysis so that learnings can be translated into strategies
- Strong organisation and project management skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Data sets management, involving meta data, data quality, data integration