The Business Analyst provides analytical support for the development of technology solutions that meet business needs. He / She assists senior team members with projects. He partners with stakeholders to identify, clarify, and document complex issues they are facing. He assists with the assessment of the viability and effectiveness of technical systems and business processes can in meeting these needs. He facilitates communication between business and technology teams. He / She has a passion for learning and is comfortable exploring and analysing data. He also adopts a structured and systematic approach to analysing business processes and solving problems
Role & Responsibilities: (Functional)
Identify business needs
Identify business needs
- Liaise with internal and/or external stakeholders to identify system requirements
- Support user requirement analysis
- Translate system requirements into project briefs
- Support the preparation of proposals for modified or replacement systems
- Support the analysis of existing systems through information collection
- Document specifications and interfaces between legacy and new systems
- Evaluate the ability of an existing system to support proposed changes
- Contribute to the identification of a range of solution options
- Assess solution options for suitability
- Generate project feasibility and costings reports
- Support the development of solutions
- Oversee implementation of a new system
- Support users on change control and system updates
- Provide training and user manuals to users of a new system
- Provide on-going application support and be involved in various stages of the SDLC.
- Conduct user requirement analysis for the development / implementation of new systems and for enhancements to existing systems.
- Evaluate potential solutions and make recommendations to resolve business problems.
- Involvement in the system development, integration testing phase prior to implementation.
- Plan and coordinate end-user training for any system implementations or enhancements.
- Liaise closely with business users and build good rapport.
- Liaise closely with vendors in project implementation, application testing, supporting application patches and upgrades in accordance with project methodologies and policies.
- Support the team in defining project requirements, tracking and documentation.
- Provide 24/7 primary application maintenance standby support, when required
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years of experience in the relevant field
- Experience in assessment of requirements feasibility, functional and technical design, and involved in project life cycle
- Strong analytical skills, self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with teams from other IHiS departments, hospital departments and/or vendors
- Proficient in MS Office and basic understanding of Windows Servers and MS SQL
- Experience in healthcare industry is added advantage