This is an exciting time in the industry as firms increasingly leverage data science and machine learning to differentiate themselves from competitors.
Vertex Holdings is a Singapore-based venture capital investment holding company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Temasek Holdings. We focus on venture capital investment opportunities in the information technology and health care markets through its global network of six venture capital funds. Across our network of funds, we manage over US$5 billion in AUM and has invested in more than 200 start-ups globally. Today, the Vertex network has over 90 professionals globally, with offices based across China, Israel, Japan, Singapore, India, Indonesia, Thailand and the United States.
What You'll Be Doing
- Be part of a high performing and agile team following best practices like pair programming and continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- Work closely with upstream and downstream stakeholders such as data scientists and business users.
- Be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design and implementation, and deployment.
- Deploy and manage applications on commercial clouds like AWS and GCP using techniques like automation, containers, and infrastructure as code (IaC).
- Develop and incorporate machine learning algorithms to enhance product features
- Gain exposure to the venture capital industry and directly enable the exploitation of technology to improve investment returns
Skills You'll Need
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in disciplines related to Software Engineering/Data Engineering/Data Science (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Operations Research) or equivalent qualifications
- At least 2 to 5 years of working experience in a technical role
- General understanding of full-stack web development of both server-rendered and single-page applications.
- Practical experience with going from an idea to a concrete product.
- Ability to solve problems while keeping an eye on the big picture, and an open mind to accept alternative solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to give and receive feedback.
- Experience with any of the technologies we are currently using: Python, Django, Flask, FastAPI, Node.js, React, PostgreSQL, and anything else you can bring to the table.
- Experience with data engineering / science in Python is a bonus.