This is an exciting time in the industry as firms increasingly leverage technology, data science and machine learning to differentiate themselves from competitors.
Vertex Holdings is a Singapore-based venture capital investment holding company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Temasek Holdings. We focus on venture capital investment opportunities in the information technology and health care markets through its global network of six venture capital funds. Across our network of funds, we manage over US$5 billion in AUM and has invested in more than 200 start-ups globally. Today, the Vertex network has over 90 professionals globally, with offices based across China, Israel, Japan, Singapore, India, Indonesia, Thailand and the United States.
What You'll Be Doing
- Assist in the development of software modules for our proprietary contact management, business development, and investment flow applications
- Be part of a high performing and agile team following best practices like pair programming and continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- Work closely with upstream and downstream stakeholders such as data scientists and business users.
- Be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design and implementation, and deployment.
- Deploy and manage applications on commercial clouds like AWS and GCP using techniques like automation, containers, and infrastructure as code (IaC).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in disciplines related to Software Engineering/Data Engineering/Data Science (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Operations Research) or equivalent qualifications
- General understanding of full-stack web development of both server-rendered and single-page applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to give and receive feedback.
- Experience with any of the technologies we are currently using: Python, Django, Flask, FastAPI, Node.js, React, PostgreSQL, and anything else you can bring to the table.