For more than 30 years, WE has put people at the center of our business. We build real and meaningful relationships with clients and influencers, execute work that connects with the audience’s head and heart, and communicate with bold purpose.
The role will be supporting integrated communications, a key driver of communication plans and execution, helping clients to create creative and strategic campaign ideas that further client’s business goals. He/she will manage day to day client and agency requests across business groups in a dynamic team environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Serve as day-to-day contact for media/influencers; share knowledge
- Conduct outreach relevant to integrated marketing or other campaign tactics
- Oversee management of reactive requests, proactively influence & garner coverage
- Contribute to brainstorms & strategic campaign development
- Provide timely and in-depth analysis of coverage results & trends
- Assist in creating high-level digital/social media strategies that are integrated into communication plans
- Engage with agency digital & monitoring divisions regarding client projects & deliverables
- Amplify/promote news on social properties; update & maintain social editorial calendar
- Begin anticipating client communication challenges & develop recommendations
- Contribute to development & implementation of communication strategies
- Execute tasks associated with projects; may lead certain aspects of project
- Oversee client meetings, agendas & recaps
- Begin to understand clients’ business model from a global perspective; understand key markets, global influencers and the impact on client/business narrative
- Contribute to plans & own executing portions of a plan
- Identify opportunities for cross-team integration
- Share POV, knowledge & expertise with the team/ agency through presentations, brown bag sessions or development courses, etc.
- Become familiar with WE capabilities across the agency including global region specialties in comparison to competitor agencies
- Serve in a lead research role on organic growth new business efforts including sourcing and gathering audience, industry or competitor market data
- Understand & identify potential opportunities to grow & diversify existing account
- Begin to develop and nurture network of peer contacts outside the agency
- Begin gaining management skills by mentoring junior level staff
- Be a peer resource to staff, interns & new hires. Build management skills by mentoring and managing junior level staff.
- Take accountability for role on projects
- Model agency values
- Demonstrate ability to give/accept feedback
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Skills You'll Need
- A minimum of Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Business in Marketing or equivalent
- A minimum of at least 3-4 years of working experience in the communications field, preferably from a PR agency setting environment
- Any leadership experience mentoring a junior would be a bonus
- Good grasp of all basic public relations tools and social media strategies
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced team environment (frequent tight deadlines, multitasking, etc)
- Ability to write and communicate well in English
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications without their self-portrait, information on age, race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.