Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The Business Intelligence team partners closely with the management team/ business functions to understand their needs and then meet these needs by analyzing and translating relevant data into meaningful, actionable outputs.
The team will have broad reach into a variety of teams and projects within Ninja Van. Members of the team must have the ability to gain deep subject matter depth on operational and commercial requirements, synthesizing business knowledge with data methodologies in order to create real and actionable insights. Untangling and understanding business problems, then applying analytical methods and tools to deliver outcomes would be the name of the game.
Reporting to the Data Analytics Manager, key activities for the role include defining, reviewing and implementing reporting and monitoring tools to drive performance for business counterparts, both from an operational and financial perspective. In addition, analysts are expected to engage in data projects, using data- driven methodologies to generate output that value- adds to business functions and shapes organizational outcomes/ work plans. Success for this role will be about converting data opportunities into value in partnership alongside relevant business stakeholders.
- Data partner for business stakeholders
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business needs and translate them into data requirements
- Mine data and conduct analysis using a variety of analytical methodologies to identify trends, patterns and correlations
- Concisely communicate analytical findings and recommendations to stakeholders
- Develop solutions, mainly in the form of reporting/ monitoring tools, to address identified business needs
- Train business users on developed data tools
- Data projects
- Identify business areas or gaps whereby data solutions can potentially generate stepwise improvements to organizational outcomes
- Conduct analysis to quantify potential benefit to organization, subsequently presenting to key stakeholders to obtain buy- in
- Develop data-driven solutions to drive desired outcomes
- Be involved in the implementation of the solution, ensuring alignment to ground processes and business needs
- Quantify and develop success matrices to determine success/ impact of project
- Maintenance of reports and monitoring tools
- Periodically conduct quality checks on dashboards and reporting tools, ensuring that data logics are updated and relevant to current business needs
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in a data analytics role
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative major: Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics
- Fundamental SQL query experience is required
- Experience with Python, R (or other tools for statistical analysis) and data visualization tools will be a plus
- High level of self-motivation, with strong desire to deliver quality work that does not compromise with personal standards
- Sharp analytical abilities and a structured, data-driven approach to clarifying, scoping and solving problems
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, able to convince and manage stakeholders through logical, data- driven methodologies
- High level of organizational and time management skills, and attention to detail
Submit a job application