As a lead of Systems Engineering, you will oversee the organization’s system infrastructure. You will provide leadership to the team and deliver mission critical infrastructure ensuring the highest level of availability, performance and security.
ViewQwest is the fastest growing and dynamic brands in Singapore and Malaysia’s telecommunications industry. We strive to always be better by delivering consistent and outstanding service to our customers. Not only do we believe in our products and services, we are also passionate and proud of the work that we do.
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage Viewqwest backend information systems. Plan, build and optimize infrastructure setup, design and performance.
- Act as L3 support for systems operational issues. Drive for root cause analysis and resolution according to SLA
- Overall in charge of IT Support systems (Microsoft PowerApps, Endpoint protection, Patching management). Define, implement and manage internal IT processes and policies.
- Act as L2 support for IT related issue and requirement from customer.
- Provide support to sale and product team on solution proposals for customer requirement
- Work closely with internal departments – like Network Engineering, Information Systems and R&D – to ensure delivery of engineering projects
- Budget Planning for Opex/Capex
Skills You'll Need
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant experience, with some managerial experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of hands-on experience in administration of servers
- In-depth experience in Linux administration. Need to be expert level. Strong understanding ofHigh Availability setup for Linux/Windows applications (etc. webs, database)
- Experienced in managing M365 services (Exchange, Azure, SharePoint, Tenant, etc.)
- Strong network fundamentals – IPv4/IPv6 – addressing, NAT, Routing
- Familiar with endpoint protection, authentication and access like EDR/XDR. Familiar with patchmanagement systems like BigFix/Automox/SCCM
- In-depth experience in DNS, DHCP, Proxies, Linux firewalls & network security is a must.
- Strong understanding in SAN/NAS storage. Familiar with Backup/Restore procedure
- Cloud migration experience is strongly desired.
- Private cloud administration experience is a must – VMWare / Hypervisor
- Some experience with disaster recovery planning and execution