Roles And Responsibilities:
- To respond remotely (via phone and/or online) to various end-user support requests arising from our Airport clients.
- Support includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading hardware, equipment and software related to mission critical Automated Bag Drop services at the Airport.
- Manage and resolve hardware and application support issues.
- This position may require being on call 24x7 at times to address alerts generated by the monitoring system to ensure timely response to critical client related issues.
- Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of applications and networking problems to help minimize downtime
- Troubleshoot bag drop and/or kiosk network connectivity in a LAN/WAN environment
- Request and coordinate 3rd party vendor support
- Escalate issues/problems to appropriate support team member, when required
- Provide user data and application recovery
- Use diagnostic tools and methodologies to load, copy and customize operating system configurations for deployment
- Familiarize end users on basic software, hardware and peripheral device operation
- Take ownership and responsibility of queries, issues and problems
- Work with 3rd party vendor support contacts to resolve technical issues
- Escalate and involve experts where required in order to resolve issues as quickly possible
- Maintain IT records and tracking for area of responsibility
- Work with other IT staff regarding new builds and upgrades
- Maintain high levels of customer service providing efficient and effective support in a friendly and professional manner
About ideal candidate:
- Diploma with a minimum of 2 years’ working experience.
- Hands on experience in mechanical or electrical would be an advantage
- Previous baggage handling, airport services and/or engineering domain experience would be an advantage
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Has troubleshooting skills in computer networking, hardware & software issues
- A self-starter, with a 'can do' attitude and a strong client focus
- Conscientious, self-motivated and positive working attitude
- Meticulous work ethic
- Able to work independently
- Willing to work shift – 24x7
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek to hire the best candidate regardless of age, beliefs, disability, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.