As a Project Manager, you will be working in Singapore Tourism Board (STB), comprising the Business Analyst, Solution Architect (where applicable) and the Technical Services Consultant.
You will be responsible for the overall success of a project by ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget, meet business requirements and comply with IT governance framework, including security and resilience. She/he will also be responsible for managing the Business Requirements and Functional Solution aspects of the project. The successful candidate will be a member of the Information Services team in Singapore Tourism Board (STB). The Project Manager will also advise the STB on functions and best practices for specific products and how the products can be used to solve business problems. Where appropriate, he/she will also advise the STB on the key ICT trends and best practices locally and internationally to meet the vertical business domain’s objectives. Assess applicability for adoption, manage user requirements, and provide IT solutions to bridge business needs.
The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Trade and Industry of Singapore. It champions the development of Singapore's tourism sector, one of the country's key service sectors and economic pillars, and undertakes the marketing and promotion of Singapore as a tourism destination.
What You'll Be Doing
- Ensure that projects are executed based on the project plan to meet identified business needs, within agreed parameters of cost, duration and quality
- Analyse STB’s needs, scope the problem and develop business case to address the problem
- Document requirements, source and evaluate alternatives, and recommend solution that best fits STB’s needs
- Work with STB line units to ensure smooth deployment and adoption of new solution
- Develop project schedule and activities based on appropriate project implementation methodology
- Identify potential project risks and its implication to the organisation and to recommend mitigating measures so as to manage the risks and to provide reasonable assurance to the organisation
- Establish the appropriate project organisation structure and define the change management and communication plan to engage and set expectations of stakeholders
- Engage and manage the External Service Provider(s) (who supplies the people, processes, tools and methodologies) to deliver ICT solutions and services. This includes procurement, contract management and transition management
- Understand the IT management policy, quality management policy and security guidelines to ensure the development processes and procedures and system are designed to comply with policies and guidelines
- Communicate and present to senior decision makers, stakeholders and management forums on project progress and issues with respect to business objectives
- Support the application maintenance and support services covering contract management, SLA management, service/change requests, problem management as well as audit and security services.
Skills You'll Need
- Team player with strong organization and people management skills
- Hands-on experience in full project development life cycles
- Strong analytical, conceptualisation and problem solving skills
- Ability to take a broad, strategic perspective as well as drill deep to understand business needs and challenges
- Results and customer oriented
- Team player with strong organization and people handling skills
- Government ICT project delivery experience would be an advantage
- Public-facing digital services experience will be a plus
- Vendor management or sub-contractor management experience would be an advantage
- Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Participated in full software or product development cycles, preferably using Traditional and/or Agile Methodology with past experience
- Advantageous to have (a. Agile Project Management experience b. Project Management related certification such as CITPM, COMIT or PMI)
- Minimum 5 years of Project Management experience