Reporting to the Head of R&D, the Systems Engineer will support all aspects of the system operation services and be responsible for managing day to day support of operational tasks, requests, incidents and changes meeting customer’s requirements and Service Level Agreements.
ViewQwest is the fastest growing and dynamic brands in Singapore and Malaysia’s telecommunications industry. We strive to always be better by delivering consistent and outstanding service to our customers. Not only do we believe in our products and services, we are also passionate and proud of the work that we do.
What You'll Be Doing
- Manage Viewqwest backend information systems, including of virtual machines and bare-metal servers. Plan, build and optimize infrastructure setup, design and performance.
- Manage virtualization platform, including of network storage, backup, Fibre channel switches.
- Manage telco core services like DNS, DHCP, NTP.
- Act as L3 support for systems operational issues. Drive for root cause analysis and resolution according to SLA
- Act as L2 support for IT related issue and requirement from customer.
Skills You'll Need
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of hands-on experience in administration of servers
- In-depth experience in Linux administration. Need to be expert level. Strong understanding of High Availability setup for Linux/Windows applications (etc. webs, database)
- Experienced in managing M365 services (Exchange, Azure, SharePoint, Tenant, etc.)
- Strong network fundamentals – IPv4/IPv6 – addressing, NAT, Routing
- Familiar with endpoint protection, authentication and access like EDR/XDR. Familiar with patch management systems like BigFix/Automox/SCCM
- In-depth experience in DNS, DHCP, Proxies, Linux firewalls & network security is a must.
- Strong understanding in SAN/NAS storage. Familiar with Backup/Restore procedure
- Cloud migration experience is strongly desired.
- Private cloud administration experience is a must – VMWare / Hypervisor
- Some experience with disaster recovery planning and execution